It would be hard to argue against the statement that your dad will always be the most important man in your life. They are the first example you’re given of how men should treat you. This is a slippery slope because so many girls had the misfortune of being given a bad example. However, I’m beyond grateful for being given such an outstanding example. So here’s a little list of lessons I’ve learned from dad:
1. NOTHING is more valuable than an education. Life can throw you all sorts of curveballs but with an education you can handle them.
2. Girls rule and boys drool. My dad taught me true “girl power” as I called it all through my youth. Now that I’m about to turn 19, I realize that “girl power” is really having confidence, being independent, and never needing a boy to make you happy.
3. No matter how bad something gets I can always call him.
4. The world is a scary place, so carry your pepper spray, don’t walk alone at night, and just stop for a bathroom break at a Mcdonalds when traveling because rest stops will ALWAYS be creepy.
5. “It’s the boys you trust you have to watch out for” could any statement be more true?
6. If you feel sick drink your water, eat some vegetables, and get a good nights rest. If you still feel bad then you’re officially sick.
7. Just because he’s a boy DOES NOT mean he knows ANYTHING about cars what-so-ever. I can’t deny this one because on more than one occasion a boy I knew couldn’t work jumper cables.
8. You really don’t “have to have” that much data. Looking up from your cell phone and actually noticing life as it passes you by is a must.
9. PB&J’s are in fact a well-balanced meal
10. No dreams are too small. If you want to do it by golly you can do it, all you have to do is believe in yourself.